This one is for the XXC peeps across the pond or the North American folks who have the want to get out of dodge for a week and race in Portugal this spring.
May 6th through 10th, 2012 will bring the Trans Allgarve Stage Race. Five stages that will take racers over 450 km of trails, countryside and coastline cliff tops of Portugal’s southern region, Allgarve. The race will also feature an elevation gain of 9,200 m.
There is a 120 racer limit that includes Men, Master Men and Women.
Along with an amazing 5 stages of racing your €495 (Euros) gets you the following:
• 5 x nights in gym hall-style accommodations
• 5 x baggage shuttles from the start to the finish of each stage
• 5 x breakfast
• 5 x Dinner
• Race Book
• GPS Tracks & Maps for the race
• Drinks and food at various check points/food stops along the trail
• Drink and food snacks at the finish of each stage
• Give-away articles / samples
• Daily postings of stage results and current rankings at the race office
• Certificate of participation
• Daily slide show after the awards ceremony
• Post-race compilation of select photos and videos
• Participant T-Shirt