Here is some really great video here shot by Aaron Johnson at this year’s Colorado Trail Race. The scenery is just amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Tag Archives | #ultra endurance
This Friday over 130 riders will begin the 2,745 mile journey known as the Tour Divide. The majority of the riders will be heading south from Banff, Alberta Canada, while a couple handfuls will be heading north from Antelope Wells, New Mexico. Some will be full on racing, some are just looking to finish, some are just hoping to survive. All of them will find something (good or bad) out about themselves along the way. We wish every rider out there the best of luck and a safe journey along the way.
You can follow the progress of the riders on trackleaders.com.
2013 Tour Divide Start List Continue Reading →
Full issues of XXC continue to be on hold for a variety of reasons but I am introducing a new “quick shot” of XXC that is for now called the XXC Web Digest. A three to ten (in this case five) page PDF download that is more than than blog post, less than a mag and not quite (yet) an App (but I am working on that with my non-team of uber-geeks).
For the first issue we talk with Topeak/Ergon’s Eddie O’Dea about his recent Huracan 300 race and his move from racing endurance lap races to ultra mountain bike events. We also give you a list of some of the ultra events that are approaching in the coming months. The cost of the digest if FREE. I have done my best to embed links of note (i.e. races, bikes, etc.,) so feel free to click around the issue. I know this isn’t quite a “real” issue of XXC Magazine, nor what I entirely wanted, but it feels good to too get some pages out there in the web-o-sphere. Look for more of these digests in the coming weeks and months.
This in from our friends at Single Track Samurai Productions…
Unofficial Top 5 results for the 2013 HuRaCaN 300
1st place 3 way tie between Shey Lindner, Eddie O’Dea and Jason Murrell. 23 hours and 7 min.
4th place Jeff Tomassetti, 28 hours 9 min.
5th place Karlos Bernart 28 hours 28 min.
Right now, these results are based on limited information. Complete, official results and times should available by Tuesday.
In the near future XXC is going to be talking to Eddie O’Dea about his HuRaCan 300, so stay tuned for that!
The 2013 edition of the Huracan 300 is scheduled to kick off this Friday, March 15th. The Huracan 300 is a three hundred mile, self supported, solo mountain bike race that is billed as the “ultimate off-road endurance experience in the state of Florida.” The 300 mile loop includes over 100-miles of singletrack, remote double track forest roads, abandoned paths and even a little bit of pavement. Racers cross numerous forests, The Cross Florida Greenway, two mountain bike parks and miles of some of Florida’s longest and hardest climbs (what, you think there’s no climbing in Florida?).
Like so many self supported ultra-endurace races, there are no prizes, just bragging rights and the knowledge that you are a freaking badass who was up to the challenges of the Huracan.
This year mtbcast.com will be hosting call-ins for racers, so check that out and follow the racers as they take on the Huracan.
2013 Huracan 300 Start List
- Andres Barrios Wellington, FL (Rookie)
- Bob Marks West Palm Beach, FL (Rookie)
- Bob Webster West Palm Beach Florida (Rookie)
- Chris Benkly Royal Palm Beach, FL (Veteran)
- Chris Tompkins Danville, VA (Veteran)
- Derek Bentley Gainesville,FL (Rookie)
- Derek Kozlowski Dalton, GA (Rookie)
- Eddie O’Dea Atlanta, GA (Rookie)
- Jason Murrell Ocoee, TN (Veteran)
- Jeff Tomassetti Fernandina Beach, FL (Veteran)
- Joshua Weinfeld “Wherever,” USA (Rookie)
- Karlos Bernart Deltona, FL (Veteran)
- Kevin Greten Sanibel, FL (Rookie)
- Lynne Daniels Jupiter, FL (Veteran)
- Mary Marks West Palm Beach, FL (Rookie)
- Michael Arenberg St. Charles, IL (Rookie)
- Michael Martin Conway, SC (Rookie)
- Paul Schmitt Jupiter, FL (Veteran)
- Peter Kraft Jr. Gainesville, FL (Rookie)
- Peter Kraft Sr. Gainesville, FL (Veteran)
- Rory Avant Conway, SC (Veteran)
- Ruth Cunningham Pittsburgh, PA (Veteran)
- Shey Lindner Covington GA (Veteran)
- Trip Anderson Conway, SC (Veteran)
- Rennie Vogel Jupiter, Florida (Rookie)